Role: Fisheries Consultant
Duties – General:
To assist with, and in time manage, fisheries liaison and associated aspects of offshore projects for a range of clients. In addition support staff in the writing and proofreading of reports.
To assist Team as required.
To acknowledge your responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act and assist the management team in making the work place and operations as safe as practicable.
- Correspondence with client and fisheries stakeholders (phone call, letter, email);
- Issuing of Notice to Mariners;
- Research on fishing activities in relation to specific projects;
- Responding to stakeholder concerns;
- Assisting with Survey planning and OFLO logistics;
- Attending commercial fisheries working group meetings and other stakeholder engagement;
- Weekly update calls with clients;
- Supporting senior consultants with evidence review, cooperation payment calculation and general administration;
- Develop report writing skills to assist with fisheries related documents, Environmental impact assessments and client feedback
- Undertaking general office activities such as answering phones, taking messages, attending team meetings
- Providing input to time recording system
- Learning GIS to allow support to dedicated staff, primarily around simple chart creation and editing task- Full training from experienced GIS team.