Brown & May Marine Ltd. has long experience in assisting clients in the identification assessment and mitigation of the various risks that can occur between commercial fishing activities and the construction, operation and decommissioning of offshore developments. These assessments have included:
- Evaluating the frequencies and load magnitudes that can occur as a consequence of interactions between commercial fishing gears and sub-sea structures, cables, flow lines and pipelines.
- Evaluation of the associated risks and efficiencies of protection measures.
- The potential risks to fishing gears and vessels from sub-sea instillations and protection measures.
- The risks to, and mitigation required, to minimise delays to survey and construction activities resulting from the presence of deployed static fishing gears.
- The risk to survey and construction vessels caused by entanglement with fishing gears.
- The risks associated with decommissioning activities and options.